Monroe Homes Inc selects homes of various bed and bath configurations to serve a variety of needs of our homeless veterans whether it’s a single-sex environment or families. Homes will be modified to meet the county code, ADA, and any disability needs of the family and made as energy efficient as possible. Internet access is provided to all bedrooms and most of the common areas.
The term of stay is 18 months with a possible ED extension until 24 months. The residents will be responsible for everyday maintenance, cleanliness, and the outside appearance of the home.
Veteran participation will be engaged with various veteran or community services which address:
- Mental Health Services
- Issues with drugs and alcohol
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Military Sexual Trauma
- Other barriers that prevent maintaining a stable life
- Emergency grants on a case by case basis
Wraparound services will be provided to participants through collaborative efforts with existing non-profits. Attendance at all training sessions will be required (unless excused). PSAT testing and reporting will be provided to help point out academic strengths and weaknesses. This can help provide tailored tutoring to overcome academic weaknesses. This education can help them in the workplace as well as prepare for college.
The Wraparound services in place are:
- Group Life Coaching
- Individual Employment Consultation
- Virtual Career Center
- Employment Development Group Coaching
- Sustaining Mentoring Group Support
- Statement of support certification from the Maryland Committee for Employer Support of Guard and Reserve (ESGR).
- Outreach at HOMEFRONT and broadened our network
- Accepted into The Not-for-Profit Development Center Program and designated a “DBED Fellow.”
- Counseling of family and veterans
- Referrals to other community services